tools & resources
Your Expert Source of Information on Compressed Air
This quick ten-point checklist can help you buy the right compressor for your purpose
- Free air delivery (FAD) is the only relevant measure to size a compressor to your application. High horsepower doesn't guarantee high performance
- The tank stores air, it doesn't generate it. A bigger tank doesn't mean more air, it means a longer cycle time
- Too much pressure for your application wastes energy and can damage tools
- If you have three phase power, buy a three phase compressor: they are more efficient and reliable
- Good quality remains long after you've forgotten the price
- Use a longer hose rather than a longer power lead
- If you need a long lead, consider a petrol/diesel compressor instead
- Always look for a distance with a noise rating, eg 70 dBA at 7 metres, to compare apples to apples
- Consider portability: size, weight and wheels
- Buy with confidence from a CAAA member: ask for the Protocol 2000+ label
Download a brochure of this guide here
Protocol 2000+ Label
You can be sure the product you are buying is accurately specified by looking for the Protocol 2000+ label, which looks like this:
Suppliers who use this label follow a Code of Practice to protect the consumer.
To learn more about Protocol 2000+ Code of Conduct click here ...
CAAA Member Companies adhere to a strict Code of Conduct.
CAAA Protocol 2000 Plus ®
CAAA partners with National Manufacturing Week
NMW will be held from 8-11 May 2012 at Sydney Showground (Sydney Olympic Park). CAAA is pleased to be the Air Technology Zone partner. Click here for more information.
Guide for compressor users
Ever wondered how to look after your new compressor? Want to know your obligations to ensure your compressor meets health and safety legal requirements?
Click here to download.
Air compressor suppliers you can trust
See our members here